After making my Thanksgiving Day Journal, I had a lot of ideas + a lot of inspiration come to me for things that could be good prompts to use and I wanted to share those ideas here with you.
If you want to make a Thanksgiving journal, but have no idea what to put in it, hopefully these Thanksgiving Day journal prompts will inspire you!
These prompts would be great to use as ideas for art journal pages, junk journal pages or even as conversation starter questions to ask yourself, your friends and family at Thanksgiving time.
You can also find a free, printable version of these prompts in our Free Printable Turkey Day Journal Mini-Kit!
Thanksgiving Day Prompts
1. What Are You Most Grateful For? (Sure, this one might be an obvious prompt, but it’s a great place to start!) What are you thankful for this year?
2. What is the Funniest or Craziest Thing That Ever Happened at Thanksgiving Time?
3. What are some of your favorite Thanksgiving memories from childhood?
4. Are there any Thanksgiving memories you’d be thankful to forget?
5. How do you really feel about Turkeys? (Has anyone ever seriously given this question much thought before? Yeah, me neither – but it can interesting thing to explore for sure!)
6. What Are Some of Your Favorite Thanksgiving Day Traditions? Are there any traditions that have changed or have been replaced by new ones?
7. Do you usually travel for Thanksgiving or do others usually travel to you? If you could be anywhere for Thanksgiving, where would you like to go?
8. What foods do you think are essential for a Thanksgiving Day Feast?
9. What do you like to do the Day after Thanksgiving? Do you go shopping for doorbuster sales, stay home, or something else on the day after Thanksgiving?
10. What are some of the things you might wish for right now or have wished for in the past?
I hope you enjoy these prompts and of course I’d like to wish you a very Happy, Happy Thanksgiving! And of course, if you’re making a journal with these prompts, do be sure to check out our free printable Turkey Day collage sheet and papers (and printable version of these prompts!)!
Looking for even more prompts suitable for this time of year? Our list of Junk to Joy™ gratitude journal prompts is a great resource for even more ideas for things to write about!